I never seem to have the time to make my own shortcrust pastry for quiche so this time I have cheated again and used a good quality store bought pastry sheet. 🙊.
Nevertheless, all 3 boys (hubby included) loved this dish! Yeah! 💪💪💪
I absolutely love the taste of dill with fish especially with salmon! This creamy quiche will make you want to make it again and I promise you, even your fussy eater will like it, because my one did! 😄 Go on, make this yummylicious quiche and report back to me your feedback!😉
🐟 1 pastry sheet (cold from the fridge)
🐟 300gr fresh salmon filet
🐟 1 small broccoli
🐟 1/2 cup cream
🐟 1/4 cup milk
🐟 2 eggs
🐟 2 heaps tablespoons of fresh chopped dill
🐟 1/2 tsp salt (avoid for babies under 12 m old)
🐟 pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 190 C.
- Spread the pastry into a quiche pan / any medium size baking tray.( If you make your own pastry from scratch then let it harden for 1 hour in the fridge.) Bake it for 8-10 minutes, the pastry has to be slightly golden.
- Blanched the broccoli and cut into smaller florets.
- Cut the salmon into 1cm thick then cut half again.
- In medium bowl, beat the eggs then add cream, milk, dill and s&p and beat until it’s well combined.
- Spread the salmon slices on the quiche base, then spread the broccoli evenly over the salmon. Gently use a table spoon to pour the egg mixture over the salmon.
- Bake for 25 minutes until the quiche is golden brown. Served warm with salad. 😋