A very light and healthy dish for toddlers and the rest of the family. Vegetarian option please see brackets!
Served 2 adults & 2 toddlers
- 2 cups of rice (used rice cups as measurement)
- 600gr Pak Choy (separate the leaves and washed)
- 1 large chicken breast (cut in slices) (or 300-400gr hard tofu)
- 2 tbsp oyster Lee Kum Kee brand (vegetarian oyster sauce)
- 2 large garlic cloves (sliced)
- sprinkle of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Boil the rice first. Brown rice takes 30 mins to cook.
- Marinate the chicken slices with 1 tbsp of oyster, 1tbsp oil sauce and a sprinkle of salt.
- Add 1 tbsp oil in a wok pan, heat up and then add garlic slices. Fry until golden brown then add chicken and fry until it’s almost cooked through. Remove from wok.
- Add pak choy and 1 tbsp oyster sauce, 1/2 cup of water and cover with a lid for a few minutes until the pak choy have shrunk in size but not over cooked.
- Add chicken, stir and more oyster sauce if required.
- Serve with brown rice or jasmine perfume white rice.