Sweet potatoes are rich in beta carotene which is an antioxidant, a substance that is not only able to fight free radicals, substances that fight cancer. The more intense the color, it has more antioxidants, choose colorful sweet potatoes for consumption, especially the purple and red.
- 1 purple sweet potato (peeled & cut)
- 1/4 of butternut squash (peeled & cut)
- 5 mangetout / snow peas (trimmed top & tail)
- 1 apple (peeled, cored & cut)
- 100ml breast milk / steamed liquid / pre-boiled water
- 2 tbsp cous cous
- Steam purple sweet potato and butternut squash together for 15 mins in a baby cook. Remove and steam apple and mangetout together for 7 mins. Or steam for 8 min in a steamer and then add apple and mangetout and steam for another 7 mins.
- Add 100ml if liquid (add more if necessary ) and blend until your desired consistency. If using breast milk then wait until everything has cooled down first before blending.
- Cook cous cous per instructions on the packaging.
- Add cous cous to the puree and blend for 3-4 seconds.
- Suitable for freezing. Do not freeze if you have used thawn breast milk.