I bought these amazing purple sweet potatoes from our local farmer’s market without knowing that I’ve picked purple instead of red sweet potatoes!
These homemade sweet potato chips taste so good and very little oil was used! I made three badges and all came out just right! So now thsee are my toddlers new favourite snack. 😄
This is a super healthy option to give as a snack to your toddlers and to the whole family! I have never given my toddlers store bought chips before so I am happy that he loves my ones. 🙂
- purple / red sweet potato
- Vegetable oil (I used olive oil)
- Sea salt – optional (I didn’t use any)
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees celsius.
- Use a mandolin / sharp knife to slice the potatoes.
- Place a baking sheet over the tray, brush it over with some oil and place the potato slices out. If you have an oil spray then spray over the potatoes slices otherwise use a brush to lightly brush the oil over.
- Set the timer to 20 mins, turn them over after 10 mins. Keep checking that they don’t burn.
- Let them cool down first, they will get crispy then.