Salmon goes really well with carrots and polenta gives it a smooth texture. 😋
- 3 medium carrots (peeled & chopped)
- 1 large sunripe tomato (skinned, de-seeded & chopped)
- 1 apple (peeled, cored and cut)
- 1/8 cup polenta (cooked)
- 100ml liquid
- 1 tsbp organic cold pressed raps oil.
- Steam carrots and apple for 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile poach salmon together with tomato on medium heat. Add 1 tbsp water and cover with a lid.
- Cook polenta. I used 4 folds water to polenta.
- Add salmon to the carrots, liquid and blend until you’ve reach your desired consistency.
- Serve with 1 tsp organic raps oil.
- Suitable for freezing.
This simple pure is so tasty and can turn into a soup for kids and adults too when you add seasoning. 😋
I added greek yogurt and my baby boy gave me a funny look and then sealed his mouth. 🙈 Removed the top bit with yogurt and he ate the rest. Lol 😄
- 1 medium potato ( peeled & chopped)
- 1/2 large zucchini (chopped)
- 1/2 leak (cut)
- 1/2 medium onion (diced)
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- approx. 100ml liquid
- 1 tsp greek yogurt (optional)
- Steam potato and zucchini together for 12 minutes.
- In the meantime, sauté onion and leak in butter and vegetable oil. The oil keeps the butter from browning and burn.
- Add the onion and leak to the potato and blend until you’ve reached your desired consistency.
My baby boy loved this puree! Perfect for a hot summer day! 👍👍👍
This makes a great smoothie for kids and adults too! 👍😋
Cantaloupe are rich in Vitamins A and C. They are the small and pale green melons with orange flesh. They are usually much sweeter than other melons such as Galia or Honeydew.
- 1/2 cantaloupe melon
- 1/2 banana
- a dash of cinnamon
- Remove the seeds of the cantaloupe melon and scoop out the flesh.
- Blend together with banana until you’ve reached your desired consistency.
- Add a dash of cinnamon powde, stir well and serve.
This puree went down very well with my baby boy, he even wanted a top up. 😄
I used a pressure cooker to cook the chick peas and they turned out fab! Didn’t have to pre-soak them at all.
- 1/4 hokkaido pumpkin (my favourite is muscat pumpkin) (peeled & chooped)
- large handful of green beans (trimmed top and tail and cut)
- 1/4 cup organic no added salt chick pea
- 1/4 cup organic coconut milk
- 100ml liquid
- Steam pumpkin, green beans and chick peas together for 12 mins.
- Use the steam water and add coconut milk and blend until desired consistency.
Halloumi Beef Kofta – These kofta turned out seriously delicious! The halloumi and zucchini made them lovely and moist in the middle. These would make a great addition to lunchboxes! Yum!
Suitable for 12 months up and freezable.
Update: 30th March 2017. My toddlers finished all the koftas on their plate but didnt touch the tabouleh, so I gave them half a pita bread and they ate them all.
I served them with homemade tabouleh, store bought pita bread, homemade tatziki and ate them like a kebab.
- 500g organic ground beef (or lamb)
- 1 pack halloumi 150g (grated)
- a large bunch of flat parsley (chopped)
- 2 large garlic clove (crushed)
- 1 medium yellow onion (grated)
- 1/4 cup cooked cous cous (leave to cool)
- 1 small or 1/2 large zucchini (grated)
- salt & pepper (optional)
- juice of 1/2 large lemon
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 coriander powder
- Put grated zucchini and onion and sprinkle a little salt on them in a bowl, this will draw out the water in them. Leave them for a minute then squeeze them between your hands a few times to remove the water.
- Add the rest of your ingredients and mix well. Then roll them into your desired shape.
- Fry in olive oil over medium heat.
Serve with tabouleh, pita bread and tzatziki. Yum!
I have completely fallen in love with this puree. So much that I’m planning to get some more beetroots and parsnips and make it for myself! 😋
It’s so smooth and creamy, leaving a velvety texture in your mouth, simply wonderful! 👍👍👍
TIP: Wear rubber gloves when preparing beetroot to prevent the juice staining your hands.
It goes well cous cous or quinoa.
- 1/2 large beetroot
- 1 large parsnip
- 100ml liquid
- sprinkles of nutmeg powder
- Steam beetroot and parsnip together for 15 minutes.
- Add liquid and a couple of sprinkles of nugmeg powder and blend until you’ve reached your desired consistency.
- Suitable for freezing.
After much looking around in the fridge and the cupboards the idea of cauliflower & quinoa patties was born. Hiding vegetables is the only way to get my kids to eat them.
These patties were so yummy that even me and my husbamd couldn’t stop munching! They’d be perfect for lunchboxes for Kindergarten / schools, and even for littler babies who have started to eat finger food.
Since this recipe was published I have made loads of different batches. Once with feta cheese and scallion / spring onion and it was a total game changer at home! Both my hubby and toddler son loved them. My son’s quote: “this is really nice mama!”. Wow, that just made day! It just proves that we should never give up trying and eventually we’ll get it right! 😊
Served approximately 16 pieces
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 1/2 cups cauliflower florets / 1/2 medium size cauliflower
- 4 medium eggs
- 1/4 cup scallions / spring onions (or chives)
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp himalayian salt (optional)
- 1 cup / pack of 200gr feta cheese (or grated cheese of your choice)
- zest of one lemon
- Wash and boil quinoa as per the packaging instructions.
- Pulse the cauliflower in a food processor until it resembles cous cous.
- In a large bowl, whisk the 4 eggs together well then add the cauliflower.
- Add chives and oats and pulse a few times to roughly chop. Then add this to the egg bowl along with the cooked quinoa.
- Add chia seeds, salt, cheese, lemon zest and mix well.
- 6. Let the mixture rest in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat the oven at 180 degrees celcius with fan. Line the baking tray with a non stick baking sheet.
- Use a table spoon to scoop the cauliflower set onto the sheet and mould to a round shape. I flattened them to approx. 1-2cm thick.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes and serve warm.