This puree is really full with flavours and so yummy! 😋 I didn’t have any more ginger left to include in the picture. It’s not only great for babies but for toddlers too! I wouldn’t blend for toddlers and would serve with brown rice.
My baby is still not well with cold and teething at the same time and has lost his appetite completely. Today I’ve decided to make something different and hoped that he would eat a little and to my surprise he ate all of it! 😄
- 1/4 butternut squash (peeled & chopped)
- 1/2 sweet potato (peeled & chopped)
- 1 thin slice of ginger 1/2 cm thick (peeled & sliced)
- 100gr sugar snap peas (wash well & de-veined)
- 1/2 onion (diced)
- 1 small garlic clove (crushed)
- 1/2 tsp tumeric
- 1/4 tsp grounded cumin
- 4 tbsp coconut milk
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 100-150ml liquid (breast milk, steamed water or pre-boiled water)
- Steam the first three ingredients for 8 mins, add sugar snap peas and steam for another 7 mins.
- Meanwhile sauté onions and garlic in olive oil. Once the colour of the onion is translucent add tumeric, cumin and mix well. Then add coconut milk.
- Add the steam vegetables into the curry and mix well.
- Pour everything into and bowl / blender and blend until desired consistency.
- Suitable for freezing.