My baby is constipated. 😥 Right, he needs lots of plums and prunes!
This mixed fruits compote is soooo tasty! A must try I would say. 😉 If you baby find the puree to sour then add 1 ripe banana. This triple action effect will definitely make your baby poo! 😄
I did it and baby boy is now very happy.
It tasted much better when I served the puree chilled as it didn’t taste as acidic as warm and baby boy liked it much more.
Prunes are really just plums that have been “dried”. Plums are high in fiber, low in cholesterol, sodium free and rich in Vitamin A & Vitamin C. Like other fruits that are high in fiber, plums are great aids in reducing the risks of cancer and heart attack and sustaining healthy cholesterol levels. As plums are high in fiber and natural sugars, they help maintain bowel regularity. Plums and prunes are great to help with constipation.
- 2 ripe pears (peeled, cored & cut)
- 1 apple (peeled, cored & cur)
- 6 ripe plums (stoned)
- 6 prunes
- 1 ceylon cinnamon stick (rinsed)
- 1/2 cup water
- Place all ingredients in a saucepan, let it boil then turn down the heat and simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove the skin of the plums and cinnamon stick.
- Blend until you’ve reached your desired consistency.
- Suitable for freezing.
- Another idea of how to serve your baby/toddler is soak 1-2 tbsp of rolled oak in approximately 120 ml of puree overnight and serve as breakfast the next day.