Made this yummy millet butternut squash and plum puree while baby boy was sleeping.
Millet is not just for the birds. When you find out all the benefits of millet nutrition, you’ll want to include this grain-like seed in your own diet! It is also a great substitute to couscous. 🙂
MILLET IS FULL OF NUTRIENTS YOUR BODY NEEDS, SUCH AS
- B Vitamins
Plums are seasonal fruit at the moment and it’s good for the bowl movement so why not. I served this for my boy in a reusable food pouch by NomNom (review is coming) and ChubChub PouchBuddy (see product review).
- 1/4 butternut squash (peeled & chopped)
- 1 small sweet potato (peeled & chopped)
- 1 medium carrot(peeled & chopped)
- 3 ripe plums (stoned & skin removed)
- 1/8 cup millet seeds (follow the cooking instruction on the packaging)
- 100ml liquid or add more if required
- Steam everything except millet together for 12 mins.
- Add millet, liquid and blend until you’ve reached your desired consistency.
- Suitable for freezing.