This week’s challenge as #Healthykidscommunity is “refined sugar alternatives” and my dish is German Raspberry Blechkuchen (a.k.a. Raspberry Pie).
It does taste much better than it looks!😁 Its one one of my favourite cake to eat and to make because it’s super easy, and I am all about easy. 😁😋
I have substituted sugar with coconut sugar and I must say this taste really yum! After this I will not go back to use refined sugar ever again! 😋
I have used quark for the cake base which made it so fluffy and moist!
Knowing how healthy this cake is I really have no problem giving this to my toddler sons to eat. 🙂
Ingredients for the cake base
- 150 gr flour
- 40 gr coconut sugar
- 80 gr low fat quark
- 3 tbsp semi-skimmef milk
- 3 tbsp flaxseed oil / plant based oil
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder / essence
Ingredients for the topping
- 100 gr flour
- 60 gr coconut sugar
- 70 gr butter (room temperature
- 1/8 tsp vanilla powder / essence
- a pinch of salt 300 gr raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius with fan. Put all the ingredients of the cake base in a large bowl and use an electric whip and mix well.
- In a medium bowl, mix all the ingredients of the topping together except for raspberries.
- Flattened the cake base dough evenly into a baking form.
- Line all the raspberries on top.
- Use your hand to pick up a bit of the topping dough. Flatten each bit and lay on top of the raspberries and bake for 25-30 minutes.