These Kale Halloumi Turkey Meatballs are packed with veggies that even your fussy eaters will love!
We love meatballs in this household! I have made so many different versions before and I must say that this one is one of my favourite! These meatballs are jammed packed with nutrients and vitamins and turned out so delicious and no salt was needed!
Kale is considered to be a “superfood” because it is packed with essential nutrients, fiber and protein. It’s not just for adults – kids and babies need them too! These meatballs are suitable from 9-10 months for baby-led-weaning babies due to the texture.
Both my kids loved these, Lilbro stuffed three bite sizes into his mouth and cleaned up after only a few minutes!
Don’t they already look amazing uncooked!?
- 500g ground turkey / chicken
- 2 large leaves of Kale (cut out the stem)
- 2 medium carrots (grated)
- 4 large broccoli florets (finely chopped)
- 1 small onion (diced)
- 1 tbps chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup good quality bread crumbs
- 100 gr halloumi cheese (grated)
- 1 egg
- juice of 1 small lemon
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- Steam kale for 10 minutes. When they are ready, remove and roughly chop. This step makes it easier to chew for babies and toddlers. For adults only, no need to follow this step.
- Add kale, carrots, broccoli, mint, parsley & onion to a food processor, give it a quick blitz and move the mixture over to a large bowl.
- Add ground turkey, bread crumbs, egg, halloumi and lemon juice to the kale mixture, give it a good mix and roll them into your desired shape. I used a table spoon to shape against my palm.
- Heat up large non stick frying pan, add olive oil and fry on medium heat. Keep turning them frequently avoid burnt marks.
- Suitable for freezing after frying.