A Balanced Weeknight Meal for the whole family packed with vegetables, anti inflammatory spice and super food.
The chicken meatballs are suitable for BLW babies from 8-9 month+ due to the chia seed.
The chicken meatballs are egg free as I’ve used chia egg and it worked like real egg! I also didn’t use any breach crumbs. They are packed with carrot, apple and turmeric, really so delicious to munch on!
Can you guess how many veggies there are in this meal?
FIVE + APPLE + CHIA SEEDS! You can’t tell can you! Nor could my two fussy eaters ! 😉 #winwin #momwin
I served :
- Cauliflower & Potato Mash
- Chicken Meatballs (recipe below)
They cleaned up their oogaababy divider plates.
- 2 medium chicken breast (finely chopped or use a food processor to blitz)
- 1 apple (peeled & grated)
- 1 large carrot (grated)
- 2 large shallots (finely diced)
- 3/4 tsp pink salt (avoid for babies under 12m old)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp tumeric powder (optional)
- 1/4 tsp cumin powder (optional)
- 1 chia egg (1 tbp chia seed soaked in 1/2 cup of water for 15 mins)
- olive oil for frying
- Finely chopped the chicken breasts or use a food processor to blitz until your desired consistency.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and use a spoon to mix until well combined.
- Fry over medium heat until cooked through.