Quick Quinoa Chickpea Bolognese Soup for a perfect cold winter day!
So instead of freezing the left over bolognese sauce I added 1 can of chickpea and cooked quinoa and turned it into soup!
The best idea ever when you don’t feel like cooking or are short of time. #momhacks #glutenfree #busymom #sahm
- 1 -1.5 cups left over bolognese sauce
- 1 can of chickpea (400gr)
- cooked quinoa (as much as you want)
- 2-3 cups water (depending what consistency you want)
- add more veggies of your choice if you want.
- salt to taste
- Add all ingredients except for quinoa and boil until chickpea and the extra veggies are soft.
- Add quinoa just before serving.
There you have a quick and yummy meal!
Kat xx. .
#bolognese #quinoasoup #lunchideas #dinnerideas #eatrealfood #kidsfood #kidsapproved #kidsmeals #toddlerfood #toddlerfoodideas #toddlerapproved #blwideas #babyfoodrecipes #healthychildren #fitmom #healthysoup #whatifeedmykid #healthykidscommunity #ukbloggers #ukfoodblogger #londonblogger #fitmomsofig #workingmums #sahm #busymum #momblogger #kidfoodcollective #lifewithtoddlers
Delicious Vegan Avocado Brownies. So good that Nobody could tell that these are vegan! A perfect healthy treat for your little ones without compromising the delicious taste and texture. Why not make this for Valentine’s Day or any day!
I don’t even know where to start with these brownies! They are chocolatety, gooey and simply delicious that boy licked the mixing bowl clean! Haha!
I made them a couple a weeks ago, my 4 years old and I kept eating until I realised I only had 2 small sad pieces left and could barely take a pic that would look presentable! So this time I’ve made sure that I took some good pics before digging in!
- 1 large avocado
- 1/4 cup melted oil – olive, coconut or avocado (I used avocado)
- 1 cup of flour of your choice (i used spelt)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar /brown sugar (I used brown sugar this time as tan out of coconut)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup pure coconut milk
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped nuts (I used pecan)
- chocolate chips / chunks of 70% good quality chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a square baking pan with parchment paper and lightly brush over with oil.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, cacao powder, salt. Put avocado and coconut milk and oil in a food processor / hand blender and blitz until smooth. Move it over to the flour bowl. Whisk until well combined, now add the optional ingredients.
- Spread the batter evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan, sprinkle with pecan nuts if desired and bake for 15-20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool brownies completely in the pan on a wire rack. Cut into squares and serve.
- The brownies will stay fresh for up to 3 days (if they last this long!) stored in an airtight container at room temperature.
Many of you have asked me if they are freezable and the answer is YES! I made 2 batches of these yummy brownies and froze one batch. Today (2 week later) just took 3 pieces out and put them in the oven at 150°C for about 10 mins, no need to preheat the oven first. They tasted like newly baked again! 😋👌
Recipe is adapted from http://www.gimmesomeoven.com
Coconut Banana Chia Pudding – so good for breakfast!
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner and wouldn’t it be nice to serve this delicious chia pudding to your loved ones for breakfast?
By adding mashed banana in coconut chia pudding, it kind of turned it into a lovely Thai coconut dessert. Do you know what I mean? At least I think so!
So #yummylicious and #refinedsugarfree –
Just make your usual chia pudding and add mashed banana and leave overnight. The next day top with raspberry sauce.
- 400ml /1 can coconut milk.
- 1/4 cup / tbps chia seed.
- 2 ripe bananas (fork mashed)
- Mix everything together in a large bowl and stir well.
- Wait a few minutes then stir again to avoid the seeds clumping.
- Transfer over to an airtight jar or container and keep in the fridge for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Top with raspberry sauce and enjoy it as a power breakfast 💪 delicious dessert. 😋
- 1 cup of fresh / frozen raspberry
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
Bring to boil and let it simmer until soft. Let it cool down and transfer to a jar and keep it in the fridge.