Super delicious glutenfree Coconut Oat Sweet Potato Waffles.
Suitable for BLW babies from 7 months providing no egg allergy.
There is so much goodness in these waffles and it’s the only way to get my kids to eat sweet potato. It was one of their favourite puree food when we did weaning but somehow their taste bud changed. 😦
Why are sweet potato so good for you?
They are rich in beta carotid which is an antioxidant, a substance that is not only able to fight free radicals, substances that fight cancer. The more intense the colour, it has more antioxidant. Choose colourful sweet potato, especially the purple and red.
These waffles are fluffy and not too sweet which we like as we could top them with fruits of our choice or with nut butter. Our chosen toppings were strawberries for Big Bro, banana and chia seeds for Lil Bro, almond butter and hemp seeds for me. You can’t go wrong with toppings, the sky is your limit!
- 1 cup gluten free oat flour or flour of choice
- 2 tbsps coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt (avoid for babies under 12 months old)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 medium sweet potato (steamed or cooked and leave to cool down)
- 2 free range eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence / powder
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (avoid for babies under 12 months old)
- 1/4 tsp pink salt
- 1/2 cup oat milk or milk of choice
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- In a large bowl mix together all the dry ingredients. In a blender, blend sweet potato, eggs, vanilla, maple syrup, coconut oil, and oat milk.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and whisk until just combined.
- Cook in waffle iron machine.
- Suitable for freezing.