Peanut Butter Chocolate Quinoa Crispies This, I tell you, be prepared to double the batch! One is not enough, two is a teaser, three keeps you happy and four who knows… 🙂
This is definitely something for hardworking mamas, and maybe older toddlers and school kids if mama wants to share! My kids are little chocolate monsters so I thought they would love these but no they didn’t like them. I on the other hand couldn’t stop eating! So I was secretly happy that they were all for me! It involves zero baking and only take 10 minutes from prep to finish.
- 2 cups puffed quinoa
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup peanut butter, almond butter, or sunflower seed butter ( I used small chunky pure peanut butter with zero additives)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 150gr good quality chocolate
- Heat up the peanut butter & honey in a small saucepan over low heat until it’s runny.
- Place puffed quinoa into a large bowl and mix with salt. Pour the peanut butter mixture over and stir until it’s well combined.
- Pour the puffs into a lined square tray or food container with baking paper, press the puffs down with another baking paper until it’s firm.
- Put it in the fridge or freezer while preparing the chocolate
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over boiling water. Pour it over the quinoa evenly and put it back to the fridge for 1 hr or in the freezer until it’s firm. Take it out cut into squares and keep them in a freezer bag and in the freezer.