After the big storm comes the sun! It’s time for ice-pop again. Strawberries are now in season. Yay! 😋 Strawberry & banana puree was lilbro’s favourite fruit puree as a baby. So yummy for little teething babies / toddlers . 👍 Sometimes simple is the best! 🙂
Strawberries are packed with B and C vitamins! A treat for babies at least 8 months old, strawberries are so simple to blend. You can make luscious strawberry puree or smoothie with almost any fruits!
Since strawberries are part of the “dirty dozen” foods with the highest pesticide residue, it’s a good idea to buy organic.
If your baby has chronic eczema or a food allergy, talk to the doctor first before introducing strawberries.
🍓A handful of strawberries
🍓1 ripe banana
Blend everything together and use a table spoon to fill up the mould and freeze. The rest can drink as smoothie.
This smoothie is loaded with nutrients that have important benefits for your body and brain. It’s packed antioxidants, zinc, potassium, vitamins the list is too long to mention! You can easily adapt to your baby / toddler’s diet
Served 2 small bowls.
- 1 cup of kale leaves (stalks removed, steam for 10 minutes first for younger babies)
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- 1/2 ripe banana (my one was very brown 😄)
- 2 medjool dates (soaked in hot water for 10 minutes and drain and cut into smaller bits) – optional for babies & toddlers
- 2 tbsp grounded roasted flaxseeds or 1 tbsp roasted flaxseeds
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 1/2 cups of liquid of your choice (I used 1 cup water 1/2 cup cashew milk)
slices of banana (the other half)
katschiajam (click to see full recipe)
Put everything in a high power blender and blend for 1 minute or so. For younger babies use 1 whole banana instead of dates.
I made this for Baby C for his afternoon snack today. He was dipping it with his #numnuminc spoon and as usual I helped him to aim for his mouth instead of me! 😂
Made one portion in a reusable pouch for toddler J as well.
Instant rolled oat flakes are the same as rolled oats just much thinner and dissolve within seconds! I add them to Constantin’s purees and our energy drinks / smoothies a lot.
5 large frozen strawberries (slightly defrosted)
1 large very ripe banana
2 heaps of tbsp of instant rolled oat flakes.
Blend everything together until you’ve reached your desired consistency and serve chilled. 😋
My baby boy loved this puree! Perfect for a hot summer day! 👍👍👍
This makes a great smoothie for kids and adults too! 👍😋
Cantaloupe are rich in Vitamins A and C. They are the small and pale green melons with orange flesh. They are usually much sweeter than other melons such as Galia or Honeydew.
- 1/2 cantaloupe melon
- 1/2 banana
- a dash of cinnamon
- Remove the seeds of the cantaloupe melon and scoop out the flesh.
- Blend together with banana until you’ve reached your desired consistency.
- Add a dash of cinnamon powde, stir well and serve.
This is a wonderful, wonderful and tasty no cook puree! My baby loved it!!! 🙂 I have no further comments. You just have to try it!
- 1 ripe banana (cut)
- 1 ripe pear (peeled & cut)
- 75 gr / 1/2 cup of tofu (choose the soft type, best is Japanese tofu)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
Put all the ingredients together in a deep bowl or blender and blend until desired you’ve reach your desired consistency.
Banana and Mango Puree [6-8m+] go so well together. Together they give the puree a really nice, smooth and creamy texture which makes it so easy to feed! I would serve this as snack in between meal times.
This combination also makes a great smoothie for toddlers and adults. I would add cow milk, coconut or almond milk. I also like it with plain Greek yogurt. 😋
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/2 ripe mango
- Cut and blend until desired consistency.