After the big storm comes the sun! It’s time for ice-pop again. Strawberries are now in season. Yay! 😋 Strawberry & banana puree was lilbro’s favourite fruit puree as a baby. So yummy for little teething babies / toddlers . 👍 Sometimes simple is the best! 🙂
Strawberries are packed with B and C vitamins! A treat for babies at least 8 months old, strawberries are so simple to blend. You can make luscious strawberry puree or smoothie with almost any fruits!
Since strawberries are part of the “dirty dozen” foods with the highest pesticide residue, it’s a good idea to buy organic.
If your baby has chronic eczema or a food allergy, talk to the doctor first before introducing strawberries.
🍓A handful of strawberries
🍓1 ripe banana
Blend everything together and use a table spoon to fill up the mould and freeze. The rest can drink as smoothie.
This smoothie is loaded with nutrients that have important benefits for your body and brain. It’s packed antioxidants, zinc, potassium, vitamins the list is too long to mention! You can easily adapt to your baby / toddler’s diet
Served 2 small bowls.
- 1 cup of kale leaves (stalks removed, steam for 10 minutes first for younger babies)
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- 1/2 ripe banana (my one was very brown 😄)
- 2 medjool dates (soaked in hot water for 10 minutes and drain and cut into smaller bits) – optional for babies & toddlers
- 2 tbsp grounded roasted flaxseeds or 1 tbsp roasted flaxseeds
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 1/2 cups of liquid of your choice (I used 1 cup water 1/2 cup cashew milk)
slices of banana (the other half)
katschiajam (click to see full recipe)
Put everything in a high power blender and blend for 1 minute or so. For younger babies use 1 whole banana instead of dates.
This is a wonderful autumn puree, the curry is not very strong but gives it a little extra kick to the taste! Yum! 😋 Tag mum!
Constantin loved it! Served in oogaababy bowl and froze in tutti bimbi silicon food tray.
- half medium pumpkin (de-seeded, peeled & sliced)
- 1 large capsicum / red bell pepper (cored and cut into quarters)
- 1 large apple (peeled, cored & cut)
- 1/4 tsp curry madras powder
- 1/2 cup steam liquid from the apple.
- 1 tsp coconut oil
1. Preheat the oven to 190C. Put pumpkin and capsicum in a large baking tray. Add coconut oil and put it in the oven for 10 minutes.
2. Take out tray and give it a good mix to spread the oil all over. Put the tray back in the oven for 40 minutes.
3. Meanwhile steam the apple for 8 minutes.
4. Move everything to a smoothie jug or large deep bowl, add liquid, curry powder and blend until you have reached your desired consistency.
I call this a Nutritional Powerhouse Puree because this mixture is a bomb full of nutrients! This can be made into a power drink too for adults!
Constantin wasn’t sure about the taste at first but then accepted it and finished his portion with a smile. So don’t go overboard with brussels sprouts as it has a very strong taste and it’s not an easy vegetable nor likeable taste to give to babies on its own.
Some health facts:
Brussels sprouts and swiss chard are incredible powerhouses of nutrition! Both have an excellent source of vitamins K, and C. Swiss chards have good source of magnesium, potassium, iron, and dietary fiber.
Brussels sprouts deserve to be featured on dinner plates more often than they usually are. They are a very good source of numerous nutrients including folate, manganese, vitamin B6, dietary fiber, choline, copper, vitamin B1, potassium, phosphorus, and omega-3 fatty acids. 💪💪💪
As usual, I served the puree with his favourite numnum weaning spoon. 🙂
- 1 large sweet potato (peeled & chopped)
- 4 brussels sprouts (removed the dirty leafy part and cut into half)
- 1 large stalk of swiss chard inc. the leafy part (cut into smaller size)
- 2 red apples (peeled, cored & cut)
- Steam everything together for 15 minutes and blend until you’ve reached your desired consistency. Add the steamed liquid to thin out the puree if required.
- Suitable for freezing.
I made this for Baby C for his afternoon snack today. He was dipping it with his #numnuminc spoon and as usual I helped him to aim for his mouth instead of me! 😂
Made one portion in a reusable pouch for toddler J as well.
Instant rolled oat flakes are the same as rolled oats just much thinner and dissolve within seconds! I add them to Constantin’s purees and our energy drinks / smoothies a lot.
5 large frozen strawberries (slightly defrosted)
1 large very ripe banana
2 heaps of tbsp of instant rolled oat flakes.
Blend everything together until you’ve reached your desired consistency and serve chilled. 😋
A super healthy treat for my baby boy! I put him on his baby björn bouncer and gave him his puree in a Resqueeze reusable food pouch while I was washing up. He finished everything before me! 😄 He clearly loves eating from a food pouch! ❤
- 1 ripe small banana
- 1/4 avocdo
- 1 full tbsp cooked quinoa
Blend everything together until you’ve reached your desired consistency. I made it really smooth so that it’s easier for my boy to suck.
My baby boy loved this puree! Perfect for a hot summer day! 👍👍👍
This makes a great smoothie for kids and adults too! 👍😋
Cantaloupe are rich in Vitamins A and C. They are the small and pale green melons with orange flesh. They are usually much sweeter than other melons such as Galia or Honeydew.
- 1/2 cantaloupe melon
- 1/2 banana
- a dash of cinnamon
- Remove the seeds of the cantaloupe melon and scoop out the flesh.
- Blend together with banana until you’ve reached your desired consistency.
- Add a dash of cinnamon powde, stir well and serve.