Quick Quinoa Chickpea Bolognese Soup for a perfect cold winter day!
So instead of freezing the left over bolognese sauce I added 1 can of chickpea and cooked quinoa and turned it into soup!
The best idea ever when you don’t feel like cooking or are short of time. #momhacks #glutenfree #busymom #sahm
- 1 -1.5 cups left over bolognese sauce
- 1 can of chickpea (400gr)
- cooked quinoa (as much as you want)
- 2-3 cups water (depending what consistency you want)
- add more veggies of your choice if you want.
- salt to taste
- Add all ingredients except for quinoa and boil until chickpea and the extra veggies are soft.
- Add quinoa just before serving.
There you have a quick and yummy meal!
Kat xx. .
#bolognese #quinoasoup #lunchideas #dinnerideas #eatrealfood #kidsfood #kidsapproved #kidsmeals #toddlerfood #toddlerfoodideas #toddlerapproved #blwideas #babyfoodrecipes #healthychildren #fitmom #healthysoup #whatifeedmykid #healthykidscommunity #ukbloggers #ukfoodblogger #londonblogger #fitmomsofig #workingmums #sahm #busymum #momblogger #kidfoodcollective #lifewithtoddlers
Coconut Banana Chia Pudding – so good for breakfast!
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner and wouldn’t it be nice to serve this delicious chia pudding to your loved ones for breakfast?
By adding mashed banana in coconut chia pudding, it kind of turned it into a lovely Thai coconut dessert. Do you know what I mean? At least I think so!
So #yummylicious and #refinedsugarfree –
Just make your usual chia pudding and add mashed banana and leave overnight. The next day top with raspberry sauce.
- 400ml /1 can coconut milk.
- 1/4 cup / tbps chia seed.
- 2 ripe bananas (fork mashed)
- Mix everything together in a large bowl and stir well.
- Wait a few minutes then stir again to avoid the seeds clumping.
- Transfer over to an airtight jar or container and keep in the fridge for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Top with raspberry sauce and enjoy it as a power breakfast 💪 delicious dessert. 😋
- 1 cup of fresh / frozen raspberry
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
Bring to boil and let it simmer until soft. Let it cool down and transfer to a jar and keep it in the fridge.
Spinach & Feta Squares
These are suitable for BLW babies from 8 months onwards providing they don’t have any allergies to egg and dairy.
I was making these with my 4 years old toddler and we had so much fun!
He was chopping the spinach AND the onion along my side and added every ingredients into the mixing bowl and I was not allowed to do a thing! haha!
These are super easy to make and a great protein and calcium packed dish to involve your kids in the kitchen. 👌
Spinach is not the kind of vegetable that he would normally eat if I place it on his plate, but believe me he ate some afterwards. 🙂 This proves that by involving your kids in the kitchen it helps to keep them interested in food and less prone to become fussy eaters. My super fussy eater since a baby is now not so fussy anymore but he still has his moments now and then!
I have used puff pastry but if you want to step up a game then use Phyllo and turn them into mini Greek Spanikopita. 😉
- 500gr fresh spinach (washed thoroughly & chopped)
- 1 small onion (finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp of freshly chopped dill
- 1 large garlic clove (finely chopped)
- 1 pack feta cheese (150 gr) (crumbled)
- 2 eggs separated (beaten)
- 1 tbsp milk / water
- 1/4 tsp grounded nutmeg
- pink salt & pepper (avoid extra salt for babies under 12 months old)
- 2 sheets of puff pastry
- olive oil
- Heat up the oven to 200 ° C / 400 ° F. Heat up a non stick pan with some olive oil. Sauté garlic and spinach, until spinach has wilted, add a pinch of salt, pepper and nutmeg then remove from the pan.
- Place the sautéed spinach, feta and 1 beaten egg in a mixing bowl.
- Cut the pastry sheet into 6 squares. Fill 1 heap tablespoon of the spinach mixture in the middle. Fold over and press down the edges with a fork. Repeat this step with the rest.
- Beat the remaining egg with 1 tbsp of milk, brush the top of the pastry with the egg wash and bake until the pastry looks golden, approximately 15 – 20 minutes.