Delicious Vegan Avocado Brownies. So good that Nobody could tell that these are vegan! A perfect healthy treat for your little ones without compromising the delicious taste and texture. Why not make this for Valentine’s Day or any day!
I don’t even know where to start with these brownies! They are chocolatety, gooey and simply delicious that boy licked the mixing bowl clean! Haha!
I made them a couple a weeks ago, my 4 years old and I kept eating until I realised I only had 2 small sad pieces left and could barely take a pic that would look presentable! So this time I’ve made sure that I took some good pics before digging in!
- 1 large avocado
- 1/4 cup melted oil – olive, coconut or avocado (I used avocado)
- 1 cup of flour of your choice (i used spelt)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar /brown sugar (I used brown sugar this time as tan out of coconut)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup pure coconut milk
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped nuts (I used pecan)
- chocolate chips / chunks of 70% good quality chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a square baking pan with parchment paper and lightly brush over with oil.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, cacao powder, salt. Put avocado and coconut milk and oil in a food processor / hand blender and blitz until smooth. Move it over to the flour bowl. Whisk until well combined, now add the optional ingredients.
- Spread the batter evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan, sprinkle with pecan nuts if desired and bake for 15-20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool brownies completely in the pan on a wire rack. Cut into squares and serve.
- The brownies will stay fresh for up to 3 days (if they last this long!) stored in an airtight container at room temperature.
Many of you have asked me if they are freezable and the answer is YES! I made 2 batches of these yummy brownies and froze one batch. Today (2 week later) just took 3 pieces out and put them in the oven at 150°C for about 10 mins, no need to preheat the oven first. They tasted like newly baked again! 😋👌
Recipe is adapted from http://www.gimmesomeoven.com