Peanut Butter Chocolate Quinoa Crispies This, I tell you, be prepared to double the batch! One is not enough, two is a teaser, three keeps you happy and four who knows… 🙂
This is definitely something for hardworking mamas, and maybe older toddlers and school kids if mama wants to share! My kids are little chocolate monsters so I thought they would love these but no they didn’t like them. I on the other hand couldn’t stop eating! So I was secretly happy that they were all for me! It involves zero baking and only take 10 minutes from prep to finish.
- 2 cups puffed quinoa
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup peanut butter, almond butter, or sunflower seed butter ( I used small chunky pure peanut butter with zero additives)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 150gr good quality chocolate
- Heat up the peanut butter & honey in a small saucepan over low heat until it’s runny.
- Place puffed quinoa into a large bowl and mix with salt. Pour the peanut butter mixture over and stir until it’s well combined.
- Pour the puffs into a lined square tray or food container with baking paper, press the puffs down with another baking paper until it’s firm.
- Put it in the fridge or freezer while preparing the chocolate
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over boiling water. Pour it over the quinoa evenly and put it back to the fridge for 1 hr or in the freezer until it’s firm. Take it out cut into squares and keep them in a freezer bag and in the freezer.
Providing you are fine to give peanut to your babies and no dairy allergy then I would say these are suitable from 7 months old babies. If you are unsure about giving nuts then omit peanut butter as they will still turn out super delicious!
These wheatfree and refinedsugarfree healthy oat muffins are very easy to make, so moist, fluffy and sooooo delicious! A perfect and healthy energy boost afternoon snack or breakfast for toddlers and adults! 😋 Both myself and my 3 years old son absolutely love them! I’m baking a lot of chocolate muffins lately and this is all because he’s requested them! 😄 My little chocolate monster! Haha.
Served 12 mini and 4 large muffins.
🍌1 cup oat flour
🍌1 tsp baking soda
🍌1/2 tsp baking powder
🍌1/4 cup raw cacao powder
🍌1/4 tsp salt
🍌4 ripe medium bananas
🍌1/2 cup peanut butter (slightly runny, warm it up if not) – omit if allergic!
🍌1/4 cup natural yogurt ( I used Greek yoghurt)
🍌1/4 cup coconut / olive oil (I used coconut oil)
🍌2 tbsp maple syrup
🍌1 tsp vanilla extract / powder
🍌A handful of chocolate chips (optional and omit for babies under 12m old )
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees C.
Grease muffin cups or a muffin form using coconut / olive oil.
- In a large bowl, mix in the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cacao and salt.
- In a medium bowl, mash 4 bananas with a fork. Add the peanut butter, oil, maple syrup, yogurt, vanilla and egg. Stir until combined. Do not over mash the bananas.
- Fold the banana mixture in to the large bowl and gently mix, add the chocolate chips last and mix until combined. Dristribute the batter into the muffin or loaf form. Bake for 25-35 minutes in muffin forms or 50-55 mins in a loaf form.
- Leave the muffins in the forms for 5 minutes and then remove them and place on a wire rack. Serve warm or cold. 😋😋😋
This week at #healthykidscommunity we are creating Easter treats and I’ve made some super yummy and healthy Easter macaroons that even babies and toddlers can eat them! Yes, they only consist of 2 ingredients! They are 100% #refinedsugarfree #zerosugar
Lilbro loves them! You can also dip them in good quality chocolate or add chocolate chips and give to your toddlers. 😋 Have made another batch with bunny cookie cutter, it wasn’t as easy but still turned out delicious!
Made 10 little macaroons or 8 Easter bunnies 🙂
- 1 large ripe banana
- 3/4 cup unsweetened dessicated coconut
- Preheat the oven to 170° C. Line a baking sheet, set aside.
- Blitz the two ingredients for approximately 20 seconds in a food processor or until very well combined
- Use an ice-cream scoop to scoop and drop onto the baking sheet directly then bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes or until golden